Apple Walnut Chicken Salad Recipe
Apple Walnut Chicken Salad
Chicken salad is one of my favorite ways to use cooked chicken from meal prep. The salad keeps for a few days in the fridge for fast and easy meals and snacks. For the mayonnaise look for those with 100% avocado oil, expeller pressed safflower oil, or try making your own. Avoid products that list damaged oils like canola or soybean in the ingredient statement.
Makes: 4 servings
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 medium apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Serve over salad greens or in lettuce cups.
- Store refrigerated.