Grain-Free Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
Grain-Free Pumpkin Muffins
The base of these muffins is tender and moist but not too dense. Even those who don't typical eschew grains will enjoy them. They make a tasty addition to breakfast or brunch served up alongside some eggs or as a quick treat with a hot cup of tea in the afternoon. I recommend slathering them with grass-fed butter for good measure.
Makes: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, dried cranberries, pepitas, and/or toasted nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together maple syrup, oil, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla until well blended. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined. Gently stir in mix-ins if desired.
- Divide batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 20-24 minutes until muffins spring back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes; remove to wire rack.