Homemade Vinaigrette Recipe
Making your own vinaigrette is easy, saves money, and lets you control the ingredients. Plus, you can mix and match flavors for endless variety. Try balsamic vinegar with fresh rosemary, red wine vinegar with dried oregano, lemon and lime juice with an extra flavor boost from grated zest, or orange juice and rice wine vinegar with ginger.
Makes: 2 Cups
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion or shallot
- 1 tablespoon mustard (Dijon, stone ground, yellow, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 cup vinegar of choice and/or citrus juice
- 1 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh or dried herbs, citrus zest and/or spices to taste
- Add all ingredients to a pint-sized mason jar. Screw lid on tightly and shake vigorously to combine.
- Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.