Crunchy Chickpeas Recipe
Crunchy chickpeas are a delightful snack. I also like to use them instead of croutons in a salad or as a topper for soup. I have included savory garlic and smoked paprika seasoning in this recipe but the flavor is really only limited by your imagination or spice cabinet. Store them in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to a week.
Makes: 3-4 servings
- 1 (15-16-oz.) can chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat rinsed chickpeas dry with a kitchen towel. Remove any skins that have loosened (you don't need to peel them all!).
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and coat with oil. It may seem like a lot of oil but this is what helps them get crunchy in the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Test a bean or two to make sure they are crunchy. If they still have a leathery texture keep baking them until dry and crunchy.
- Sprinkle with spices and shake pan or stir to coat evenly. Let cool completely before storing. Tip: If you double or triple the recipe you may need additional baking time.