Instant Pot Turmeric Coconut Chicken Thighs
Instant Pot Turmeric Chicken Thighs
The Instant Pot can make quick work of cooking up a batch of flavorful protein. For chicken I like using thighs as they tend to be a little more juicy than super lean breast meat. This recipe is full of warm spices and creamy flavor, perfect for cooler weather. Serve it up on cauliflower rice and garnish with a sprinkle of green onions and chopped cilantro for a bit of freshness.
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (13.66-oz.) can coconut milk
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Select SAUTE function from Instant Pot control panel. Add coconut oil to insert; melt. Add spices; cook for 30-60 seconds until fragrant.
- Whisk in coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken; coat completely in coconut milk mixture.
- Twist Intant Pot lid on and switch valve to sealing. Select MANUAL pressure and set for 10 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before carefully quick releasing any remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks. Sauce can be reduced using SAUTE function if desired. Return chicken to the sauce.
- Serve over cauliflower rice and garnish with chopped green onion and fresh cilantro, if desired.