Spaghetti Squash Pie Recipe
Spaghetti Squash Pie
A great veggie-based alternative to traditional spaghetti pie that is just as hearty and filling. Try roasting a few large spaghetti squashes and store the flesh in the freezer for recipes like this. Precooked spaghetti squash is also available at some retailers.
Makes: 6 servings
Spicy Turkey Italian Sausage
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 16 ounces ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cups no sugar added marinara sauce Pie "Crust"
- 16 ounces (about 3 cups) cooked and cooled spaghetti squash (about 1/2 of a 3 pound squash)
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter or oil a 9 1/2-inch deep dish pie plate; set aside
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and spices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until no pink remains. Remove from heat; add marinara sauce. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all "crust" ingredients except mozzarella until well blended. Press the mixture in the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie plate.
- Add meat mixture to the crust and top with mozzarella. Bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is starting to brown. Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.