Tahini Brownies Recipe
My heart swoons for fudgy, rich brownies. If you are on team fudgy brownie these ones are for you. They also happen to be grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and nut-free. They are easily made refined sugar free too, just look for chocolate chips, chunks or bars sweetened with something like coconut sugar. But forget about all that because they are good. Not good despite being free from all those things, just good, period.
Makes: 16 servings
- 1 1/2 cups tahini
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, chunks or chopped chocolate
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, allowing it to come up the edges; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together tahini, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Add cacao, sea salt and baking soda; mixing thoroughly. Fold in chocolate pieces.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 22-25 minutes until set in the center and a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Do not over bake.
- Allow to cool at least 30 minutes. Use parchment to remove brownies from the pan; cut into 16 pieces.